Last updated: Feb 7th, 2022
This Privacy Notice tells you about Tapiit Limited (“Tapiit”) registered company number 132748C, with our registered office at: Westport, 4 Devonshire Road, Douglas, IM2 3QY, Isle of Man.
“we” or “us” or “our” means Tapiit;
“you” or “your” means a party that visits and/ or uses the Tapiit Website or any technological product produced by Tapiit.
“Website” means the whole or any part of the website controlled or operated by Tapiit together with its subsidiaries and any holding company of Tapiit and any subsidiary of such a holding company. We are the owner and operator of the websites located at tapiitlive.com (the “Sites” or “Platforms”). We take your privacy seriously and we ask that you read this privacy notice carefully.
Who We Are
Tapiit Ltd exists to apply the quality and experience of classroom training, combine it with benefits of e-learning and deliver this through interactive live-streaming solutions. Tapiit is an ultimate virtual room allowing purchasers to attend a course or an event on their laptop, tablet, or phone without losing real time interaction.
Tapiit and technology solutions allow us to pursue our views and passion for better, more efficient education and welfare services for the maritime communities around the world. We are committed to delivering the best quality solutions and tailored approach to everything we do.
Tapiit is registered as a data controller in the Isle of Man Register of Controllers and Processors. Tapiit Ltd registration number is R003305.
As the data controller of the personal information we collect from you, we are responsible for how we collect, store and use your personal information. It means we have to comply with data protection laws, i.e. The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other data protection legislation in force.
Personal information is anything which enables us to identify you in some way:
- Your name, your date of birth, your ‘phone number, your image etc.
You may be asked to provide personal information through the Website. If you provide any personal information to us, we shall at all times comply with the DPA2018 and the GDPR.
When we collect information
When you visit our website, we collect personal information when you:
- Register to create an account with us;
- Login to your account, or the ‘Cadet Portal’ with us;
- Complete an online enquiry form or ‘contact us’ form;
- Accept cookies and visit / browse our website;
- Submit an email to us using one of the email addresses featured on our websites;
- Contact us via telephone and make an enquiry or pass us some of your information;
- Create an account via Facebook, Google or LinkedIn;
- Express an interest in a career with Tapiit; and
- Register as a ‘Training Provider’ to Tapiit, or via the Tapiit Training Platform
We don’t want there to be any surprises to you and we will not use your personal data for any purpose that you wouldn’t reasonably expect under the circumstances.
Why we use this information
We use such personal information to:
- Provide you with the services that you have requested from us;
- Communicate with you, including in response to any of your enquiries;
- Improve our services and respond to changing needs;
- Keep the personal information that we hold about you accurate and up-to-date (if you provide any new personal information to us via the website);
- Signpost you to courses that may be of interest or benefit to you; and
- Ensure you can be referenced in any payment terms / invoicing details.
We may not be able to provide the above services to you if you do not provide us with sufficient personal information to allow us to do so. If you make a request for further information, on or through the Website, the data submitted by you as part of such request will only be retained by us as long as necessary in order to respond to your query.
Any links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the site(s). We are not responsible for any use of your information gleaned by any 3rd party website once you visit their site.
Tapiit may send surveys to ascertain training or course evaluations and/or obtain customer feedback regarding our service(s). Consent is not required to undertake this activity under data protection law. Completion of any survey is purely voluntary.
Any information provided can be anonymous, unless you choose to provide your name or other personal information. If you do, we will only use it for the purpose of further clarification or feedback and will delete it in line with our data retention periods.
Tapiit will never use your personal details for any other reason other than the reasons stated. We won’t sell or pass them on to a third party for marketing or commercial reasons. We will only contact you to promote our work, our events or any other promotional activity if we have your consent to do so.
We will only use your image*/video*/testimonial* on our website and social media if you have given us consent and/or you write and submit a formal review or testimonial.
* Please be aware, that in the event you decide to withdraw or revoke consent, we can remove your image/video/testimonial from our websites and/or our own online publications. We will NOT be able to remove your details from already printed and/or distributed materials. Equally, we will not be able to remove your details from other Social Media channels over which we have no direct control.
Our legal bases for processing your personal information
Our processing of your personal information will primarily be necessary for us to provide you with one of our services.
On the basis of your “Consent”
- On occasion, we may ask for your consent to processing personal information in a discrete manner, in this instance your personal information will be processed in accordance with such consent and you will be able to withdraw this consent in writing at any time. By way of example, your consent will be needed in order to send you marketing and promotional communications.
Necessary for the performance of a “Contract”
- We may process your personal information where it is necessary for the performance of a contract (such as the contract to be entered into by Purchasers with the Training Providers)
Compliance with a “legal obligation”
- In order for us to comply with various legal and/or regulatory responsibilities, including, but not limited to, complying with any anti-money laundering legislation, sharing of data with HMRC etc.
Necessary for the purposes of “Legitimate interest”
- Finally, we may also process your personal information where we deem such processing to be in our (or a third party's) legitimate interests and provided that such processing will not prejudice your interests, rights and freedoms.
Examples of us processing in accordance with legitimate interests would include:
- Where we disclose your personal information to any one or more of our associate/subsidiary companies following a restructure or for internal administrative purposes;
- Where we identify certain companies that can offer you additional benefits to our Service or provide us with valuable information about your use of our Service;
- Processing for the purposes of ensuring network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our electronic communications network;
- Devising a tailored reward scheme for Purchasers.
We may share your personal information with the following organisations for the purposes described within the ‘when we collect information’ section of this notice:
- To any recipient if required to do so by law or by law;
- To any regulatory body or licensing body or authority;
- To third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf;
- To third parties for marketing purposes, provided you have consented or not objected, as the case may be, as described below;
- To any third party that purchases us or our business or any part of us or our business;
If we believe in good faith that such action is necessary:
- to comply with any law or comply with legal process served on us;
- to protect and defend our rights or property;
- With your consent;
- For the purposes of business continuity; and
- A debt recovery agent (or other third party), for the purposes of recovering, settling or making payment in connection with any booking of our platform or facilities;
General Disclosures: In addition to the specific examples of disclosures listed above we may disclose your personal information to our employees, employees of other companies in our Group, our agents and to third party service providers who use your personal information to provide the Training Courses or other services in respect of you being a Purchaser.
How long do we keep it
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. We do not collect any more personal information from than is necessary for our purposes and our data management policies include the deletion of any personal information we no longer require.
As our platform also incorporates a chat facility, we may retain the log of any chat recorded within the meeting. The audio recording and chat logs will be retained for 6 months. In the case of Cadets, recordings may be kept for upto 36 months.
Should you cease to use the Platform, we will retain your personal data for a period of 6 (six) years to allow us to meet our legal obligations and defend ourselves against any claims. Personal information which is not needed for these purposes will be deleted after this period. Persona data will be disposed of in a safe and secure manner.
How we keep it secure
The security of your personal information is of paramount importance to us and we use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information. However, while we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and, for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that is transferred by you via the Internet.
We also cannot guarantee the security of personal information shared with us via social media. We will NOT share personal information via social media. If you have any concerns about the security of your personal information, please contact us for more information.
Links to other sites
The Website may include links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. This privacy notice does not cover the links to third party websites located on the Website or websites accessed through any such links and any use of such website by you is at your own risk.
Personal information you provide about somebody else
We understand that there may be situations where you provide us with personal information about somebody else, for example booking a course for a delegate. In those situations, you confirm that:
- The other individual, or their employer, has consented to you acting for them and our use of that individual’s personal information for the purposes described within the ‘when we collect information’ section of this notice;
- You have informed the other individual of our identity and the contents of this notice, including the purposes for which we will use that individual’s personal information described within the ‘when we collect information’ section of this notice; and
This notice will apply to our collection, handling and use of the other individual’s personal information in the same manner that it applies to your own personal information.
It is important that the personal information that we collect, store and use about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes by contacting us. In certain circumstances, the law gives you the right to request:
- A copy of your personal information and to check that we are holding and using it in accordance with legal requirements.
- Correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold and use about you.
- Deletion of your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to hold and use it. You also have the right to ask us to do this where you object to us holding and using your personal information (please see contact details provided).
- Temporarily suspend the use of your personal information, for example, if you want us to check that it is correct or the reason for processing it.
- The transfer of your personal information to another organisation.
- You can also object to us holding and using your personal information where our legal basis is legitimate interest (either our legitimate interests or those of a third party).
Please contact us if you wish to make any of the above requests. When you make a request, we may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity for security reasons. You will normally not need to pay a fee when you make any of the above requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
Feedback and complaints
We welcome your feedback on how we store and use your personal information, and this can be sent to us at:Tapiit Ltd
Westport, 4 Devonshire Road
Isle of Man
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, the Isle of Man regulator for data protection, if you believe we have infringed your rights or breached data protection laws. the Information Commissioner website is https://www.inforights.im/ and complaints can be made here.
Updates to this notice
We may update this notice at any time, and you should check occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access our website. If we make any significant changes, we will publish a separate notice on our website, so this is clear to all visitors.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. You can delete/restrict the cookies as for any other cookie – see various links below to enable you to do this….
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
Alternatively, if you visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org this site provides advice on how to do this and further information on cookies and how to manage them.